St. Paul’s Anglican Church
710 Main Street
Conway, SC 29526
St. Paul’s will be a church that heals hurts, restores hope, and transforms lives with the love of Jesus.
We will build the Kingdom of God by Pointing Up, Reaching Out, Growing Deeper, and Moving Forward.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT)
Title: Director of Music Ministry
Accountable to: Rector
St. Paul’s Church is seeking a God-fearing, worship inspiring, gifted musician to lead its music ministry. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and be able to perform the primary responsibilities of the posision:
- Committed Christian able to sign and abide by the Statement of Faith of St. Paul’s Anglican Church (see attachment).
- Embraces the Vision and Mission of St. Paul’s Anglican Church.
- Gifts of Leadership, Worship, and Prayer.
- Skilled in diverse musical worship styles.
- Joyful and engaging personality.
- Able to lead and organize Music with organ, instruments, and voice.
- Able to work with church leadership team.
- A degree in Music, preferably Sacred Music, or comparable experience.
- Under the authority of the Rector and the Lordship of Jesus Christ, provide music for Sunday services as well as all other events and special programs that require music (Christmas Eve, Christmas Pageant, Holy Week, other holy days, Day School programs, etc.).
- Plan the music for services in coordination with the Rector.
- Be responsible for the production of the music for worship services.
- Lead the music for the 10:00am service and monthly healing service.
- In line with the vision of the church, choose appropriate music for the singers and musicians; conduct and play for weekly rehearsals; teach voice and instrument techniques; lead the singers and musicians in performances.
- Maintain church music library.
- Invite and coordinate volunteer and professional musicians to participate in the music program.
- Conduct weekly rehearsals with singers and musicians.
- Oversee A/V media used for worship, including: microphones, amplifiers, soundboards, etc. Coordinate and proof all slides, backgrounds, and song lyrics projected or printed for use in worship.
- Estimate and plan yearly music budget.
- Provide written and graphic information to promote church music offerings and events in printed materials, the church web page, social media sites, and signage.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other ministry meetings as necessary.
- Ensure that the instruments are tuned and repaired as needed.
- Engage in professional development; attend various music related functions in the community to maintain and expand relationships with other local musicians.
- Assist in securing the services of a suitable substitute musician when unable to play for Sunday services, weddings and funerals.
- Plan and prepare for future worship services in accordance with the vision of the Rector. Raise up vocal/musical teams for those services.
- Train up an apprentice/understudy to lead music in the absence of the Director of Music.
- Perform other duties as required for the music ministry as determined by the Rector.
- Conduct yourself at all times in such a manner that is “worthy of the Gospel” and in accordance with Biblical standards for leaders in the church.
- To be committed and active in family ministry so that all in your household experience regular worship and prayer.
- To maintain a day off, quiet times of prayer and study, and regular continuing education.
Commensurate with experience. Additional compensation is available for weddings and funerals.
To apply, please email a resume to The Rev. Jason Collins at email@example.com.