St. Paul’s Anglican Church
710 Main Street
Conway, SC 29526
St. Paul’s will be a church that heals hurts, restores hope, and transforms lives with the love of Jesus.
We will build the Kingdom of God by Moving Forward, Reaching Out, Growing Deeper, and Pointing Up.
POSITION DESCRIPTION (THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT)
Title: Church Secretary
Accountable to: Rector
Qualifications & Skills:
- Baptized and committed Christian able to sign and abide by the Statement of Faith of St. Paul’s Anglican Church (see attachment).
- Embraces the Vision and Mission of St. Paul’s Anglican Church.
- Gifts of Administration, Helps, and Service.
- Able to work with church leadership team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Chrome is a must. Experience using and maintaining database systems. Savvy with social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Ability to use Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Effective listening skills and the ability to keep sensitive personal information confidential.
- Friendly, courteous, pleasant, and compassionate.
- Must be able to effectively handle people soliciting funds from the church.
- Builds and maintains friendly, reciprocal and warm relationship or networks of contacts with people.
- Provide all aspects of administrative and clerical support for the Rector.
- Follows-up on requests and inquiries, keeping people up-to-date as needed, communicating and distributing helpful information, correcting problems and being available and accessible to serve the needs of the parish. Alerts Priest of any information pertaining to special needs of parishioners.
- Responsible for the operation of the office including, but not limited to, answering the phone, delivering messages, distributing mail, ordering seasonal flowers, greeting visitors, coordinating/training volunteers and working with team leaders. Maintains systematic exchange of information with leaders of church ministries and small groups.
- Responsible for keeping the church calendar and the Rector’s calendar, coordinating room and building usage for parish events, and ensuring that proper forms are given out and collected.
- Prepares the bulletins for Sunday worship and special services; prepares booklets several times a year; prepares lectionary readings, signage, the church newsletter weekly; sends weekly reminders to volunteers; provides Music Director with all documents for weekly worship.
- Responsible for maintaining in-coming and out-going transfers of parishioners; updating the Parish registry with transfer, marriage, burial, confirmation, and reception information.
- Maintains files of monthly Vestry minutes and financials, and all special meetings for public examination and the annual Audit.
- Maintains personnel records of Day School teachers, Mom’s Morning Out teachers and church staff including verifying through E-verify and SC New Hire all new hires; provides to all teachers and staff W4’s annually, copying same to the Diocese of SC.
- Sends payroll twice monthly to church payroll service.
- Conduct yourself at all times in such a manner that is “worthy of the Gospel” and in accordance with Biblical standards for leaders in the church.
- To be committed and active in family ministry so that all in your household experience regular worship and prayer.
18 hours per week
Contact Fr. Jason by email: firstname.lastname@example.org